Thursday, 2 February 2017

Hi everyone,

not sure if there still any one following as I am now on Instagram daily. But I just wanted to let you know that I am really well and enjoying our new life in the country even though it feels like the end of the world up here today. Its blowing a gail the paddock and garden are flooded and there is now a ragging  stream at the bottom of the garden, its dark, wet and gloomy lol. But inside the log burner is glowing and its cosy.


I am still busy with volunteering for my local Retired Greyhound Trust Branch the Dorset and Somerset one. I run the facebook page  you can find it here https://www.facebook.com/Retired-Greyhound-Trust-Dorset-and-Somerset-Branch-713836775296446/ and also organise events and do home checks etc.

This year we are really excited as we have managed to buy our own plot of land and are now in the process of trying to raise much needed funds to build our very own and First Rehoming Greyhound Kennels here in Taunton, Somerset. We currently rent space for our rescue hounds in Shaftsbury this is a 1 hour and 15 min drive away for us they are not in the best of condition and it eats up our petrol budget and doesn't allow us to walk and get to know the dogs as much as we would like to in fact it makes it really difficult all round especially  with the rehoming aspect. So this is a really exciting time for us. To have our own base with a reception area to will be amazing. We have the funds for the reception area the funds were kindly left to us last year by one of our lovely volunteers who sadly passed away. Now we need to raise the funds for the kennel block. Yesterday I set up a Justgiving page to try and highlight our plans and try and raise some of those funds.

You can find it here https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/delia-westgreyhoundkennelbuild

If you would like to donate even if its just a £1 that would be amazing thank you or even share my tab that would be great. 

We have a wish list of items we need to.

5 kennel doors at a price of £60 each
4 kennel windows at a price of £75... each
Raised dog feeders
Large plastic dog beds
Plastic Storage
Cupboard
Lino Flooring
Smoke Alarms
Fencing
Shrubs and plants
Roof insulation


Thank you for taking the time to stop by and for reading. You can find me every day on instagram  https://www.instagram.com/hazelmeredreaming/?hl=en

Take lots of care dee xx



2 comments:

  1. Hey Dee! I am commenting before I read your post as it is so good to hear from you. I look at Instagram very very occasionally as too much social media is not good for me. Back when i've had a read.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad all is good, we must catch up again this year! x x

    ReplyDelete