Thursday, 21 April 2016

Meet Milo our greyhound Rescue Puppy

Hi everyone,

this is a just quick little blog write up as I wanted you to say hello to someone, as our lives have now been turned upside down since Sunday morning.

Say hello to our little 8 week old greyhound puppy who we have named Milo. We received an urgent phone call from a trainer we know on Saturday asking if we could take him. Milo was the runt of the litter of 9 puppies and was being picked on by the others he his half the size of his brothers and sisters so tiny ( My cat Timmy is 3 times the size he is )  , and under weight nothing like a healthy puppy should look like. If we hadn't of taken him he was being taken to the race track that night to try and find a home if he wasn't offered one he would have been put to sleep. We could not bare that. He was riddled with fleas and a proper baby he cries all the time. Milly our 5 year old is great Kia not so as she's lost her sight she's unsure bless her but over the past couple of days since he has arrived both girls are getting used to him. Although I am keeping Kia and Milo separate at the moment as I don't want Kia to get distressed they are having a sniff a couple of times a day then I keep him away from her.  We certainly have our work cut out over the next few weeks he didn't even know how to eat properly he's so tiny bless him. But he is now eating well and getting into a little routein during the day, night time is a different story we have been putting him in a crate  next door to the girls but he has screamed the house down so yesterday we took the crate up to our bedroom and he slept until 4am after crying for 10 mins better than the 2 hours the night before. He then went out to the toilet but wouldn't settle so he came into our bed and slept in my arms. Last night was the same but because he is so small and wants the comfort he will sleep with us over the next few weeks until he is stronger, being taken away from mum at 6 weeks far to early didn't help him. 



So our lives have been turned upside down :-)  a greyhound puppy did not feature in our plans at all but a rescue is a rescue no matter what and where you are in life.

Having his first bath
 

He's now at the biting stage to and his teeth are like little razors but its going to be nice watching him grow and giving him a life away from the race track he is now going to be one very pampered and loved boy. 



 Mummy cuddles

Just chilling with Milly


Already trying the Greyhound Roach position :-)


This is one little greyhound Puppy who will  be loved and adored, brought up as a pet and not for making money. Look into my eyes mum, I will soon have you wrapped around my little paws.

So with the little whirl wind now in our lives time is even more limited so your be able to find me on  instagram thanks to those that have popped by to say hello. I will write posts here to when I get the time and I will try and catch up with you all once a week.

Thanks for your comments and for taking the time to read.

Take lots of care

Bye for now

Dee xx

21 comments:

  1. Dee you are such a kind hearted lady, he is gorgeous, he will be a faithful loving friend I'm sure, have fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely little fella and so lucky you took him in I bet he will grow up to be something special :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dee, he is adorable and I am sure he will bring you much joy and worth all the hard work in the end. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome, Milo! You have had a rotten start in life but, from here on in, the rest of your life will be wonderful. What a sweet little pup. My heart is a big mushy puddle. Thank goodness you have taken him into your hearts, lucky boy!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness. The photo of him in the bath is just tweety. The poor little mite. Bless you for taking him in, Dee.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dee, he's wonderful! I'm smitten so I can only imagine how you feel with him in your life. Like I said on fb, he's lucked out ending up at yours.
    Lots of love and see you soonish!
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Milo, you're beautiful and you are going to be loved to bits.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found your blog and have so enjoyed reading about your new adventure. I cant help thinking how wonderful it would be if you owned the house. You both look like ideal candidates to pursue the holiday let market. I would pop a caravan on the acreage and stay in it for the holiday season to bring in much needed revenue. You have invested so much love into the place it should be yours. I hope you are allowed to stay as long as you want you deserve it.

    Kind regards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you, thank you for your lovely comment. I wish we did own it its so beautiful here and the cottage has such a lovely and cosy charm. there is lots we would do if it was but sadly we wont ever be able to afford to buy. we would love to buy a plot of land and even if we had to live in a caravan we would be happy :-)we will continue to enjoy each day here while we can. thank you again for popping by. best wishes to you.

      Delete
  9. Oh Dee you lovely kind hearted person. He looks adorable & has certainly landed on his feet being with you xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. He is just adorable and has found the best home ever. Have fun with him.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  11. How could you say no to that dear little doggy bundle Dee?!
    I know you've got your hands full at the moment but it'll be worth it - you'll have the love and devotion of Milo for the rest of his days.
    I adore dogs and still sneak our pooch into bed with me when Anthony's away. I really do believe that dogs are better than people. Crazy dog lady? Me? Probably ;)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Milo is lovely! What a lucky little chap to have you to welcome him and nurture him :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Dee, he is just ADORABLE :) I have to say, Whiskers our youngest sleeps with me every night and she's nearly 2! Lucy prefers her bed downstairs but Whiskers is another story. Enjoy all the days of puppyhood - they go so quick! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never seen a baby greyhound before, Milo is gorgeous! Aren't you the kindest to give the little boy a loving home with Timmy, the dogs and the chickens. I don't know how you do it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. The world needs more people like you Dee, bless your sweet, kind heart....xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you, for your lovely comment that really does mean a lot xx

      Delete
  16. Hello Dee ! I have nominated you for the Liebster Blog Awards - take a look at my recent blog post to see what you need to do :) Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Welcome Mile! Aren't you a little darling.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. He is gorgeous, and yes you are going to have your hands full :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh, many congrats on your new arrival Dee! What a sweetie! xxx

    ReplyDelete